CLASS 5 DRIVER
Due to a long serving staff member relocating south we are seeking an experienced Truck Driver to join our team based at Union Road, Pukekohe .
This is a full time permanent position requiring up to 70 hours per week during our busy period January - May. The successful applicant will be Class 5 driver with a minimum of 3 years experience which may have been gained in a mix of both long haul and short haul operations in a general freight operation. Previous experience with machinery movements would be an advantage but not critical to the role as training will be provided. We are a family owned, values based organisation which offers excellent working conditions, flexibility in start and finish times, and value the contribution made by all our employees. You will be responsible for moving harvested crops from our growing sites in Pukekohe, Northland, Matamata and Ohakune back to our packing operations in Pukekohe and from time to time moving machinery between our growing locations. You will drive a Volvo HPMV, 9 axle truck and trailer.
The successful applicant will have: -
- ·A clean driving record with appropriate licenses –
- Class 5 and Forklift Licence –
- Take pride in equipment and a desire to maintain high standards –
- Be fit, in good health and capable of physical work –
- Demonstrate good communication skills –
- Able to work extended hours during the busy periods – weekend work is required –
- Maturity and reliability –
- Occasional over-night trips required to the Northland area.
This role will be very well suited to a driver that enjoys the variety of long distance work but would like to be able to be home most nights. There are occasional deliveries in Auckland traffic to a small group of customers in Manukau but most driving is done between regions. The successful candidate will be required to pass a pre employment drug screen and will be subject to random drug screening once employed. Our trucks and offices are smoke free. Please send your cv to email@example.com