IRRIGATION LEAD based in MATAMATA
We have a permanent role for an experienced Irrigation Lead based in Matamata. This role is primarily focused on irrigation of crops and requires a candidate with a working knowledge of irrigation principles, tools and techniques. You need to be able to problem solve, undertake minor irrigator repairs and have good attention to detail. You will work with Crop Managers and Supervisors to ensure that crops are irrigated to attain maximum growth and yields. You will supervise a small team and provide training as required.
You will also support the crop team with machinery operation, including ground preparation, planting and harvesting.
The successful applicant will be an experienced operator and will:
- hold a minimum Class 2 license, preferably with an F endorsement
- have previous crop irrigation experience
- be able to troubleshoot and problem solve
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- able to keep excellent records
- demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude
- have the flexibility to take on other tasks as and when required.
- be team-oriented
- appreciate the outdoor demands and conditions that will be part of this role
Please forward your application to email@example.com