SPRAY OPERATOR/MACHINERY OPERATOR PUKEKOHE
Due to an internal promotion, we have a permanent role for a Tractor driver/spray operator to join our dedicated team based in Pukekohe. A focus of the role will be on spray application to our crops as required – Growsafe/Chemical Handler certification is preferred, however appropriate training will be given.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about the horticulture industry and is looking for a long term career role with the ability to advance.
Our strong company values will demand high integrity, confidentiality, reliability, passion and a good sense of humour.
The successful applicant will be an experienced operator and will:
- hold a minimum Class 2 license, preferably with an F endorsement
- have previous vegetable industry experience
- maintenance and service knowledge
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- able to keep excellent records
- demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude
- have the flexibility to take on other tasks as and when required.
- be team-oriented
- appreciate the outdoor demands and conditions that will be part of this role
However, we are committed to developing people and would consider a less qualified candidate who is wanting a career in horticulture.This role would also suit a new grad who is looking for their first role within the horticulture industry and who has machinery operation skills.
Send your up to date cv with relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Wilcox is a drug free site and the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre employment drug screening.