SPRAY TECHNICIAN based in MATAMATA
We have a permanent role for an experienced Spray Technician based in Matamata. A focus of the role will be on spray application to our crops as required – Growsafe certification is preferred, however appropriate training will be given. This is a development opportunity for the right applicant. You will support the Potato Crop Supervisor and focus on the potato crop from planting, spray application through to harvesting. You will have experience driving agricultural machinery.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about the horticulture industry and is looking for a long term career role with the ability to advance. This role would ideally suit someone who has already commenced or is ready to commence some relevant tertiary training – National Certificate in Horticulture Level 4 Advanced Vegetable Production preferred. Remuneration will be based on experience, however the working conditions are excellent and you will be part of a well established team.
Our strong company values will demand high integrity, confidentiality, reliability, passion and a good sense of humour.
The successful applicant will be an experienced operator and will:
- hold a minimum Class 2 license, preferably with an F endorsement
- have previous vegetable industry experience
- Maintenance and Service knowledge
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- able to keep excellent records
- demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude
- have the flexibility to take on other tasks as and when required.
- be team-oriented
- appreciate the outdoor demands and conditions that will be part of this role
Please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org