Chicken tacos with pickled carrots & cabbage
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Coles Brand White Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Coles Brand Chilli Flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium Wilcox carrot peeled, cut in half lengthways, cut diagonally into 1mm thick slices
- 1 teaspoon Coles Brand Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Coles Brand Ground Cumin
- 400g chicken thigh fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups drumhead cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 8 Mission Burrito Flour Tortillas
- 80g Coles Brand Sour Cream
- Step 1 Combine water, vinegar, sugar, a good pinch of salt, chilli and half the garlic in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil.
- Step 2 Place carrot in a small, shallow bowl and pour over boiling vinegar mixture. Toss well to coat and stand at room temperature until cool.
- Step 3 Preheat a barbecue or char-grill to medium-high heat. Combine oregano, remaining garlic, cumin and chicken on a plate or in a medium-sized bowl. Add oil and toss to coat.
- Step 4 Place chicken on grill and cook for 3-4 mins. Season with salt and pepper and turn. Cook for a further 3-4 mins until cooked through. Remove to a plate and rest for 2 mins, then thinly slice.
- Step 5 While chicken is cooking, toss cabbage in a medium bowl with 2 tablespoons of the carrot pickling liquid and coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 6 Warm tortillas for 1-2 mins on each side on the grill. Arrange some chicken, pickled carrot, cabbage mixture and a dollop of sour cream over each tortilla. Fold and serve.
Recipe courtesy of taste.com.au
Serving size 4